SAVE THE DATE - AUGUST 9 & 10, 2021
13th Annual The Langley A Tribute to Legends will be back at Pebble Beach!
Registration will open by May 1st
This year Langley Guests will be entertained with Host Peter Jacobsen alongside Honorees David Feherty and Bill Perocchi, two powerhouses in the world of golf. David Feherty is known for his playing success on the European Tour, and his colorful style and engaging interviews with the biggest names in golf. Bill Perocchi is CEO and part owner of world renowned Pebble Beach Resorts, and is known for his impeccable work ethics and his love of sports. We are honored to have Jacobsen, Feherty and Perocchi come together in support of our veterans through PGA HOPE.
The Langley, A Tribute to Legends Charity Pro-Am provides an intimate golf experience like no other. Guests enjoy a two day event, starting with An Evening with Golf's Legends where attendees have a meet & greet with the Honorees. The following day, guests are treated to The Langley Charity Pro-Am tournament held at Pebble Beach Golf Links, followed by an Awards Luncheon attended by players, Honorees and Langley family members.
Named after former PGA Head Professional Jim Langley of Cypress Point Club, The Langley is the NCPGA Foundation's premier charitable fundraising event designed to honor the game's legends, and raise funds for PGA HOPE and the Jim Langley Scholarship Fund. Langley was admired world-wide for his generosity and humble nature, and is the epitome of what this event is about. Jim was a UC Berkeley alum, four-sports athlete, a member of Cal's famous 1959 Champion basketball team, and he proudly served in the US Marine Corps.
Benefitting Veterans through PGA HOPE
PGA HOPE provides free golf lessons to military veterans as a therapeutic tool to help improve their social, physical and emotional well-being. Lessons are taught by PGA Professionals who receive special training in adaptive golf teaching methods. PGA HOPE is endorsed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
To learn more about PGA HOPE Northern California, please click here.
Since it's inception in 2008, The Langley has honored the following:
- 2008 - Arnold Palmer & Jim Langley, PGA | Meadow Club (Fairfax, Calif.)
- 2009 - Ken Venturi & Steve Menchinella, PGA | Lake Merced G & CC (Daly City, Calif.)
- 2010 - Tom Watson & Sandy Tatum | The Links at Spanish Bay (Pebble Beach, Calif.)
- 2011 - Johnny Miller & RJ Harper, PGA | Silverado CC & Resort (Napa, Calif.)
- 2012 - Jack Nicklaus & Tom Addis, PGA | Pebble Beach Golf Links (Monterey, Calif.)
- 2013 - Billy Casper & Duke Butler, III | Pebble Beach Golf Links (Monterey, Calif.)
- 2014 - Nancy Lopez & Patty Sheehan, LPGA | Pebble Beach Golf Links (Monterey, Calif.)
- 2015 - Dave Stockton & Roger Maltbie | Pebble Beach Golf Links (Monterey, Calif.)
- 2016 - Al Geiberger & Rick Rhoads, PGA | Pebble Beach Golf Links (Monterey, Calif.)
- 2017 - Hale Irwin & John Fry, PGA | Pebble Beach Golf Links (Monterey, Calif.)
- 2018 - Peter Jacobsen & Jim Nantz | Pebble Beach Golf Links (Monterey, Calif.)
- 2019 - Mark O'Meara & Bob Lurie | Pebble Beach Golf Links (Monterey, Calif.)
- 2020 - Postponed due to covid-19 global pandemic
- 2021 - David Feherty & Bill Perocchi | Pebble Beach Golf Links (Monterey, Calif.)
“Jim Langley was a great golf pro, and over the parts of four decades he spent at Cypress Point, his contributions were made quietly because of the self-effacing person he was, yet their impact was far-reaching and lasting. He was a tremendous ambassador for our game. I had the fortunate pleasure to be with Jim...on a night I was truly honored to have received an award bearing his name.” - Jack Nicklaus (2012)